Public Trail Rides
Ridge Meadow Farm offers specific days and available times within these days to take a guided trail ride out for 2-4 people at a time. You do not have to be a great rider for our specific trails open for these dates as you will be in an English saddle with a safety strap. You may on line, schedule the date and available time and pay ahead of time for your ride. Weather permitting, we will accommodate your needs within our schedule. However, if weather conditions do not permit such ride from taking place at the selected time, you will have the opportunity to make up the ride during the next two weekends by filling in the still opened spaces. All trail rides are $55.00 each to be pre-paid by credit card.
Horseback riding experience required – Only riders who can walk, trot, and canter controllably on their mount.
Please call a minimum of 3 days in advance to schedule a trail ride.
**Age minimum for trail rides: 11 years
+Maximum rider weight is 200 lbs.
Rules for all Trail Riders
- You must be under 200 lbs.
- You must have surpassed your 11th birthday
- You must have no physical nor mental limitations
- Helmets must be worn at all times while mounted.
- These rides will be at the walk, until you are proficient enough riders by taking riding lessons at our farm from one of our two lesson instructors.
- You must leave a viable telephone number on this application form in order for us to contact you about any postponement of scheduled ride.
- You must sign our Hold Harmless Agreement (ON THIS SITE), BEFORE you are allowed to go out on any rides. Ridge Meadow Farm, its owners, nor the trail leader assume responsibility under Pennsylvania Equine Laws for you getting hurt or falling off a horse/pony and you need to have up to date medical insurance on yourself and all others accompanying you.
- Ridge Meadow Farm reserves the right to deny you ride time for any reason.